Once upon a time when I started this blog a fellow blogger named Silverbells nominated me for an award. I was touched and flattered. I thanked her and then … promptly had a massive brain fart.
To make amends, I shall proudly post this award and do now what I should have done months ago. For people who are more clued in than I was (that’s pretty much anybody with a pulse), here are the rules of the road:
- Display the Award Certificate on your website
- Announce your win with a post and link to whoever presented your award
- Present 15 awards to deserving bloggers
- Drop them a comment to tip them off after you’ve linked them in the post
- Post 7 interesting things about yourself.
The Winners (In No Particular Order):
- Silverbells Steps Out: She set an example for me because she has been more conscientious and consistent about blogging than I have been, and I envy this (in a good way).
- Leanne Cole Photography: Amazing images. Tips and suggestions. Support for those of us who still think of our work as “snapshots” but aspire to something more.
- Angie and James Do Stuff: Travel. Recipes. Colorful and snappy. Fun.
- Life Out of the Box: Good deeds in faraway places. Working hard and having fun.
- Kristen Lamb’s Blog: Words of wisdom for writers.
- Sethsnap: Cool photography.
- Canadian Hiking Photography: More visual goodness, and plenty of it.
- Annie’s Cooking Lab: Think of this as a buddy movie. With recipes.
- Applecore: Living the dream, and writing about it.
- Sorin Photography: Clarity. Focus. Detail. Used together, you get intriguing images.
- Photo Nature Blog: If you have any interest in nature photos, check out this blog.
- Shmamaland: She juggles young kids and a camera. (I have enough trouble handling a camera and a job.)
- Leaf and Twig: Poetry and nature, together.
- Hiking to Healthy: An inspiration for me to keep moving.
- Seasonsgirl: Chickens are cool.
7 Things About Myself:
- This blog marks a return to a hobby I had set aside many years ago, and brings me more joy than I expected.
- Sending two boys to college is a mixed blessing. Who is going to help us eat all the vegetables my husband is growing in that garden?
- If you want me to go somewhere unfamiliar, hand me a camera.
- Love books, and there aren’t enough hours in a day to read them.
- My day job includes a uniform, a microscope, and a scalpel.
- We still have jars of jam made three years ago. I opened one of them today and discovered it was delicious.
- Gardening was an acquired taste for me, and I am learning many things as I follow the changes of Bryon’s garden over time.